Mental & Behavioral Therapy
Emotional and Mental Health
In a given year, 1 in 4 adults suffers from a diagnosable mental health disorder. From mental illness to life challenges, we are dedicated to working with you to improve and enhance your emotional well-being. Our highly qualified, caring professionals provide confidential counseling services to assist with a wide variety of personal and interpersonal issues, including:
- Anxiety / Panic Attacks – These mental health problems are characterized by excessive, exaggerated anxiety that is unrealistic or disruptive.
- Bipolar Disorder – Bipolar disorder, previously known as manic-depressive disorder, can cause unusual shifts in mood and ability to function.
- Depression – Depression is one of the most common mental health disorders and can affect the lives of both children and adults. Depression affects the body, mood and thoughts.
- Divorce Adjustment – Divorce can be devastating for children of any age. Young children, grown adults or even the children of elderly parents may need some help as they work through these situations. Divorcees may also benefit from help adjusting to life after divorce.
- Eating Disorders – Millions of Americans are affected by eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia. These disorders may be hard to recognize but can affect health, overall well-being and quality of life. In the most severe cases, malnutrition, organ damage and death can occur.
- Grief & Loss – Losing a loved one or someone close to you hurts. We can help you overcome the sadness and pain that you may experience when someone close to you has died.
- Marital & Relationship Difficulties – If you and your spouse or partner have hit a rough patch, our team can help you overcome your differences, learn better communication skills and practice problem-solving techniques that can help all parties lead more fulfilling lives.
- Medication Management – Pharmaceutical treatments for mental and emotional health problems have improved dramatically in recent decades. In some cases, medication can help patients who also need counseling. Prescription drugs can relieve symptoms and make healing possible. Our counselors work carefully with an APN (Advanced Practice Nurse) to prescribe and manage psychotropic medications.
- Parenting Skills – We offer parent support groups to provide information, instill new attitudes and change communication patterns as families address specific types of child behavior such as developmental disabilities, behavioral disorders and child conduct.
- Personal & Family Crisis – Crisis is known as an acute emotional response that arises when a person’s usual coping strategies are insufficient. We can help you manage crisis and learn new ways to solve problems during times of trouble.
- Pornography Addiction – Pornography addiction is similar to chemical or substance addiction. Those who are affected by this addiction may isolate themselves, can have anger or irritability issues, may keep secrets about their addiction, and may spend excessive amounts of time online, taking time away from other pursuits.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD, can rear its head in many different ways. PTSD usually stems from a terrible, life-altering experience, and it can be triggered by dreams, memories and the feelings of being haunted by the experience.
- Postpartum Depression – Up to 80% of women experience mood swings after pregnancy, and up to one in five can have symptoms of major depression following childbirth. If you have postpartum depression, you may feel alone, afraid, upset, and may have unloving feelings or guilty thoughts toward your baby. We can help you overcome these feelings through counseling and medications that are safe for nursing mothers.
- Sexual / Physical Abuse – Sexual abuse includes child sexual abuse, male and female rape, and ritual sexual abuse and can often be perpetrated by friends or family members of the victim. Regardless of your situation, sexual abuse can cause lifelong emotional pain and hardship. Our supportive counselors can listen to your story and help you find ways to overcome what happened as you regain control of your life.
- Substance Abuse – Abuse of illegal drugs, prescription drugs or substances such as alcohol, tobacco and over-the-counter (OTC) medications can wreak havoc in the lives of the abuser and his or her family and community. We complete thorough assessment using the ASI (Addiction Severity Index) for each new patient and create customized treatment plans to help them back on their feet.